Tuesday, April 11, 2017

"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you." -1 Peter 5:7

Last night until this morning, I  was blessed in an almost impossible way.


Every night I go home from the hospital at around 9:00 PM by taking a taxi/karwa. Not the booked ones but only those who happen to pass by and get passengers on their way.



Last night, before I get off, I asked the driver if he wants kubos, and gave him a plastic of several pieces of kubos, slice bread, spreads and 2 packs of fruit juices, all from the hospital ration. He said,  "Thank you," and I went off.



I made my usual night routine and the morning preparations passed as usual. 




But as I grabbed my things, ready to go to the hospital, I realized something was missing. 



Where is my envelope? Don't tell me I've lost it? 



I rechecked all possible places. I even checked the bathroom and the trashcan and the chairs outside the unit. None.



As the panic slowly crept into my stomach with the thoughts of losing ALL IMPORTANT documents, I took a deep breath and literally kneel down to pray.



"Lord, I don't know how. How can I find it, how can you give it back to me or where to even start searching. It's in the taxi for sure, but I don't have the driver's number. I don't remember his plate number, not even his face. (And tried to remember his chinky eyes when he said thank you.) I surrender Lord God. Please, please give it back."



Then I thought of Ms. Alma, the case managers, Ate Me Ann, the embassy... Where and to whom will I ask for help?



I took my phone and saw two missed calls around 10:42 PM last night. With sweaty hands, pounding heart, and tear-streaked face, I called back. 

When he answered, "Hello?" I felt a relief and told him, "Good morning, Brother. You are the taxi driver last night, right? I forgot my envelope in your taxi. Where can I find you?"



"Yes," he answered in a calm voice, opposite of mine. " I give it to the Philippine boy near your house," he added.



"You gave it back last night?" I confirmed. "In our area? Ok I'll call you again later. Thank you very much."



I rushed down, but still thinking to whom was it given? I thought of knocking to the other Pinoy tenants on the ground floor but decided to knock at the land lord's assistant first. He is Indian - I think.



As he opened the door, the words were racing out of my mind and my mouth, "Good evening, I mean,  Good morning. Did someone give an envelope here last night?"



"The file?" He asked as he pointed to my envelope.

"Yes. That's mine." I said with relief.
I uttered a very short,"Thank You po Lord," as he turned his back to get the envelope.


"What number are you?" He verified.

"My number?" I asked. 
 He said, "Unit."
"Ah. 3rd floor, Kuya Marvin." I answered.
He said, "Marvin, ok."  and he gave me the file.
"Thank you." I replied.


I was already crying in the elevator.

I prayed and cried to God just thanking Him and immersing in awe of His ways.


After praying and giving thanks, I called the taxi driver again and thank him. I told him it's really very important to me and I'm just thankful. He told me he came back in the area last night but no one was there. He was calling, there were two numbers, but no one was answering, so he just gave it to one of the houses (unit). I thanked him again and said, "God bless."


He said thank you too and I can visualize his chinky eyes as he said so.


How he got my number? I haven't figure out yet. I don't have time to analyze what just happened. I don't have the brains and the heart to analyze how it happened. But one thing is for sure: nothing can stop God from blessing us and kindness receives kindness.  

For a plastic of several pieces of kubos, slice bread, spreads and 2 packs of fruit juices, all from the hospital ration, I was given back the envelope that contains seven months of documents and proofs that will, perhaps, affect our future forever.


Of course, I can start over and request everything from scratch. Probably 3 months would be enough to complete every page of it, but God gave it back overnight with a firm reminder:



"Kindness receives kindness. There is NOTHING impossible for me to do, but it will be better to always keep your presence of mind even when the waves are rising."


"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you." -1 Peter 5:7

*variable, non routinary activities, like washing, ironing of clothes, ect.

No comments:

Post a Comment