Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Love Beyond Religion and Traditions


Two Hours and Thirty Minutes After Glenn's Tracheostomy

11  October 2016
14:00 Hamad Medical Corporation -- Heart Hospital

I thought I'm already immune to his struggles.
Right now I don't know if I want to puke or cry.
To see him like this is really crashing the wall that I' ve built over the week.
I'm standing but I am hollow.
One touch and I'd crumble.

On the positive side, the procedure lasted only for 30 minutes and was done smoothly, as described by the doctor. I waited outside his room and as I prayed to God that I needed someone to give me a tap on the back and say that it will be ok, a Muslim female with only her eyes visible through a black cloth -- of different race, different culture, different belief -- came to me and asked me what is happening and how the patient is related to me. She asked me if we have kids and how old is he. After a while, she walked away. I thanked God for sending someone totally different  from me , to talk to me and divert my worries. I thanked Him for showing that God's love is beyond religion and traditions. Then a Filipina nurse passed by me , touched my arm and told me not to worry, "He will be fine." And then another personnel asked me if I am fine and pushed a chair to my side, which I decided to hold on to.
I am crumbling... but then God surely tapped me and said "Everything's gonna be fine."

No comments:

Post a Comment