Sunday, January 1, 2017

34th

34 years ago my mother had a normal delivery at home with the aid of a traditional "hilot". The baby was 2 weeks overdue, had already poop inside her tummy, bluish/purplish and covered with poop. Unlike other normal deliveries, the baby was not crying, she was not breathing... but my mother held on to her faith and prayed to God to let them have the child. That same time, my father unclogged the baby's nose and mouth with poop and started to resuscitate her. After a few tries, the baby cried... They all cried and thanked the Lord. That day, my parents asked God and He gave them a miracle.

Today is my 34th birthday. I've always kept that miracle in my heart. I will always praise the Lord for my life. I know that since birth, God is always with me. I've always celebrated my birthday, no matter how simple, with my family. But this year is different -- no candles to blow, no cake to slice, no mother, father, sisters and daughters to celebrate with. This is the first time that I'll spend my birthday away from home.

It is sad but I know that this is where God wants me to be. My husband needs me more than I need the comfort of my family. When we got married, God asked me to put my husband next to Him and I am fulfilling that promise.

"Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. " -Ephesians 5:22

My family has always been and will be always be thankful of the miracle we had 34 years ago. They will always be in my heart no matter how far I am from them. And even though we miss each other terribly, we can all wait until my husband gets better. Together, we are praying for another miracle.


video credits to the owner

No comments:

Post a Comment